Black-Eyed Pea Naan with Mango and Bok Choy Salad
Sun Basket – Recipe Source
These flavorful vegan Naans pair perfectly with a refreshing mango salad!
- 2 pieces California Lavash Naan
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- ¼ pound chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1½ cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tsp. garam masala spice blend
- 1 head baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 4 or 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lightly toast Naan.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tbsp. oil. Add the shallots and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the garam masala, black-eyed peas, lemon zest, and half the lemon juice. Using a wooden spoon, mash about half the peas until a chunky paste forms and cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the bok choy, mango, remaining lemon juice, and 2 tsp. oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the Naan with black-eyed peas, garnish with cilantro, and enjoy with mango salad on the side!
In this recipe:Naan Traditional »