Chicken Apricot Lavash Casserole
Brynn — The Domestic Dietitian – Recipe Source
This unique, Greek-inspired dish is simple, healthy, and delicious!
- 2 sheets Whole Grain California Lavash
- 10 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves minced or grated
- 1/2 cup dried apricots diced
- 2 cups chicken breast cooked and cubed
- 1 scallion sliced
- pinch of saffron
- pinch of paprika
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. dukkah nut, sesame seed and spice blend
Preheat oven to 350F.
Fully cook the chicken by baking in othe ven, poaching, or pan frying. Allow to cool and then cube.
In a small bowl, combine greek yogurt, garlic, dried apricots, chicken breast, scallion, saffron, paprika, and Italian seasoning. Stir until combined and then taste–season as needed with salt and pepper.
Cut Lavash into 1 inch strips.
Cover bottom of roasting/baking dish with 1/2 of Lavash strips.
Drizzle with olive oil.
Spread greek yogurt and chicken mixture over bottom layer of Lavash.
Top with remaining Lavash strips.
Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle dukkah over the top.
Bake for about 15 minutes, until top Lavash crust is golden brown.
In this recipe:Lavash Whole Grain »