Chickpea, Carrot, and Tahini Pita
Sun Basket – Recipe Source
This recipe from Sun Basket is packed with veggies, protein, and delicious tahini flavor!
- 2 pieces California Lavash Pita
- 3 or 4 large carrots, cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces baby arugula or other leafy greens
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pumpkin seeds
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil. Add the carrots and half the cumin, season generously with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, maple syrup, and ¼ cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and lightly browned and the liquid has thickened to a glaze, 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the tahini, lime zest, lime juice (leaving 1 1/2 tsp.), cumin, and 2 tablespoons water; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss together the cucumber, arugula, remaining lime juice, and 2 teaspoons oil.
- Cut pitas in half and fill with carrots, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds, arugula salad and cumin-lime tahini.
In this recipe:Pita Whole Grain »