Chickpea Curry Naanwich
This Naanwhich blends tons of great flavor for the perfect bite!
- 2 pieces California Lavash Naan
- 2 cups curry simmer sauce of your choice
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/6 cup carrots, diced
- 1/6 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/6 cup raisins
- 1/6 cup raw or toasted cashews
- splash of juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 2/3 to 3 1/2 tbsp. hummus
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4–6 tomato slices
- In a small skillet, heat the curry simmer sauce according to instructions on the jar.
- Add chickpeas, carrots, zucchini, green onions, raisins, and cashews and simmer.
- Remove simmer sauce from heat when done according to the sauce instructions.
- In a medium bowl, remove half of the chickpeas from the saucepan and mash roughly with a sturdy fork.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, garlic powder, hummus, and a generous pinch of salt. Blend until combined, then set aside.
- Add the curry mixture to the mashed chickpeas, then gradually stir in the hummus mixture. Mix well to combine. Taste for flavor and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place chickpea curry mixture on half of each piece of Naan, fold over to make sandwiches, and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 sandwiches
In this recipe:Naan Traditional »