Christmas Lavash Pinwheel Appetizer
- 2 sheets California Lavash
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature (4 oz.)*
- 2 tbsp. pesto
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 (.5 lb) package baby spinach leaves, stemmed
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. honey*
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- Juice of 1/4 a lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the red cabbage with honey, lemon juice and olive oil. Toss well and set aside for about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 thirds of each Lavash bread sheet with cream cheese and cover the rest with pesto, stopping 1 inch before the edge. (The filling will spread to the edges once the pinwheel is rolled.) Place long strips of carrots, the cabbage mixture and stacked spinach leaves.
- Roll the bread sheets up into a tight wrap until you meet the pesto portion that seals the sandwich. Press gently with both hands for about 10 seconds.
- Transfer the rolled sandwich to a cutting board, seam side down. Using a sharp knife, trim about 1/2 inch (or slightly more) from each end of the wraps. Slice the logs into 5 pieces.
- Transfer the pinwheel appetizers to a serving platter, spiral side up and in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Using a sharp paring knife, form a yellow star out of the bell pepper. Pin and secure the star to the top pinwheel sandwich with a party pick. Serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 2 wraps or 16 bite-sized pieces
In this recipe:Lavash Spinach »