Lavash Pizza with Italian Sausage
The Organic Kitchen – Recipe Source
This simple goat cheese and Italian sausage pizza goes incredibly well on our Spinach Lavash with a pile of lemony arugula.
- 2 sheets Atoria’s Family Bakery Lavash
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 Italian Sausages, mild or spicy
- 4 oz soft goat cheese
- 2–4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a large lemon
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F and place rack in center.
- Cook onions on high heat with just enough olive oil to lightly coat bottom of pan.
- When onions are cooking really well, lower heat to medium; cook until caramelized, stirring frequently. This usually takes about 15 minutes.
- While onions are cooking, place second pan on medium heat. Remove sausage from casings and add to pan. Use spatula to break up sausage until it resembles ground beef and is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and scoop onto plate lined with paper towels.
- Place two flatbreads side by side on parchment covered cookie sheet; brush evenly with olive oil.
- Place equal amounts of caramelized onions onto each flatbread. Top each flatbread with equal amounts Italian sausage and soft goat cheese, spreading toppings out to the edges of flatbreads.
- Sprinkle each flatbread with a small amount of arugula (like 10 leaves per bread).
- Crack eggs one at a time into a small bowl and carefully pour onto flatbread. You can use one or two eggs per flatbread.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes or until egg is just set and yolk is runny.
- While flatbread cooks, whisk together 2 tbsp. olive oil, juice from half a large lemon, a pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper; toss with 2 cups arugula and pine nuts.
- When flatbread is done, remove from oven. Sprinkle eggs with sea salt and fresh pepper.
- Top each flatbread with equal amounts of dressed arugula, cut and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 pizzas
In this recipe:Lavash Spinach