Lavash Apple Turnover
Make these delicious Lavash turnovers for dessert any day of the week–it’s that easy!
- 2 sheets California Lavash
- 2 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tbsp. Water
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and add apples, cooking for two minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix in sugar, cinnamon, and continue cooking. Stir together cornstarch and water, then add to the skillet. Stir well, and continue cooking until the sauce thickens–about 2 minutes. Mix in walnuts.
- Put apple mixture in baking dish and bake 15 minutes, or until apples puff slightly and soften.
- Place Lavash on baking sheet and add half of the apples to the center of each. Carefully fold the Lavash around the apple mixture. Bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
In this recipe:Lavash Whole Grain »