Lavash Flatbread with Leek, Broccoli Rabe and Fried Egg
Sun Basket – Recipe Source
Sun Basket brings us a delicious Lavash recipe, packed with veggies and and flavorful herbs!
- 2 sheets California Lavash
- 1 large leek
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 6 oz. broccoli rabe
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut off root end and tough green top of leek.
- Cut in half, then thinly slice and place in a bowl with cold water to remove any grit.
- Peel garlic and thinly slice.
- Pick leaves off rosemary and thyme and mince.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium until shimmering.
- Add leeks and a pinch of salt and sauté until soft and translucent, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse broccoli rabe and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Rinse tomatoes and slice very thinly into rounds. Place on paper towels to drain.
- Stir garlic, rosemary, thyme and red pepper flakes (if you like a little spice) into pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add broccoli rabe to pan with 1 tablespoon oil and a pinch of salt and cook until slightly tender and wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Layer a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper, if you have it. If not, brush baking sheet with a light coat of oil.
- Place both pieces of Lavash on top of parchment and layer with sauteéd leeks first, then tomatoes, broccoli rabe and spoonfuls of ricotta cheese.
- Carefully crack an egg in the middle of each slice of Lavash and place in the oven.
- Bake until the egg whites are set and the yolk is runny, 8 to 10 minutes (if you like sunny-side up). Add 2 to 3 minutes for well-done eggs.
- Remove flatbread from oven and allow to slightly cool. Slice each piece in half and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 pizzas
In this recipe:Lavash Traditional »