Lavash Pizzettas with White Bean-Ricotta
Sun Basket – Recipe Source
The secret to these pizzettas is simplicity: roasted vegetables, mashed white bean-ricotta and basil, Lavash, garlic, and high quality olive oil.
- 2 sheets California Lavash
- 2/3 cup cooked white beans
- Fresh basil
- 1/4 pound fresh ricotta
- 2 small leeks
- Peeled fresh garlic
- 3 oz. sweet frying peppers
- 3 oz. cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 pound mixed greens
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, lightly mash together the ricotta, beans, half the basil, and 1-2 tsp. oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Trim the root ends from the leeks; cut the leeks in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 1/4″ thick half-moons. Soak the leeks in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leeks from the surface of the water and pat dry.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1/2 tsp.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet frying peppers; thinly slice the peppers crosswise.
- Cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- In a medium frying pan over medium heat, warm 2-3 tsp. oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add the leeks, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, and vinegar, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in a small bowl. Drizzle the tomatoes with 1 tsp. oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- On a sheet pan, place the flatbreads side by side. Brush with oil and spread the white bean-ricotta mixture in an even layer, leaving a 1/2″ border around the edges. Top each with the pepper-mushroom mixture and the tomatoes.
- Bake, rotating the sheet pan halfway through, until the crust is crisp, the ricotta mixture starts to brown, and the tomatoes are blistered, 15-18 minutes. Transfer the pizzettas to a cutting board.
- Sprinkle with the remaining basil, drizzle with a little oil, if desired, and cut into squares.
- Transfer to individual plates, sprinkle with as many chile flakes as you like, and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 pizzas
In this recipe:Lavash Whole Grain »