Lavash Pizza Crackers
These crackers make a great snack for cocktails or a big game.
- 1 sheet California Lavash
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (as needed)
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoons raw sugar (or granulated sugar), to taste
- 1/2 tablespoons crushed red peppers
- 1 (3/4-inch) chunk Parmesan cheese, rind removed*
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Coarsely chop the Parmesan chunk and blend it into a fine powder in a food processor. Set aside.
- Place a sheet of Lavash flat bread on a flat surface and cover evenly with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
- Using a medium-mesh strainer, sprinkle on the sugar. Then, sprinkle the dried herbs, crushed red peppers and Parmesan cheese.
- Using kitchen shears or a pizza wheel cut the Lavash into 3 1/2″ squares.
- Transfer to several non-stick baking pans (or line them with parchment paper). Bake for 10-12 minutes until the flatbread is slightly golden and slightly hardened.
- Remove from the oven and let cool until firm.
- Serving Size: 2
In this recipe:Lavash Traditional »