Lavash Pizza with Spinach, Mozzarella and Fried Egg
Sun Basket – Recipe Source
Pizza and a salad are incredibly fresh and delicious in this recipe. We credit the runny egg and lemon buttermilk salad dressing
- 2 sheet California Lavash
- 3 oz. baby spinach
- Sun Basket pizza sauce (tomatoes – olive oil – tomato paste – salt)
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella – provolone)
- Fresh chives
- 1 lemon
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the spinach and 1 tbsp. oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- On a sheet pan, place the Lavash side by side. Spoon on the pizza sauce in an even layer, leaving a 1/2″ border around the edges. Top with the mozzarella-provolone blend and three-fourths of the spinach (set aside one-fourth for garnish).
- Bake until the crust is crisp, the cheese is melted, and the spinach is wilted, 12 to 15 minutes. While the pizzas cook, prepare the dressing and lettuce and fry the eggs.
- Make the dressing; prep the lettuce.
- Finely chop the chives.
- Juice the lemon.
- Trim off the root end from the butter lettuce; coarsely chop or tear the leaves.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chives, 2 tsp. lemon juice, buttermilk, and 1 tbsp. oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set the dressing aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 tbsp. butter or oil until hot but not smoking.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the whites have set and the yolks are slightly runny, 2 to 3 minutes. If you prefer firmer yolks, cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Transfer the eggs directly to the pizzas, if the pizzas are done baking, or to a plate to rest.
- Transfer the pizzas to a cutting board and place 2 fried eggs on top of each.
- Garnish with the remaining spinach and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Cut the pizzas into squares.
- Transfer the pizza squares to individual plates and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 pizza
In this recipe:Lavash Garlic & Herb »