Naan French Toast
Naan makes the perfect base for french toast in this simple recipe!
- 4 pieces California Lavash Naan
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup low-fat (1%) milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/2 cup berries or other fruit
- Caraway seeds, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- In a pie plate or shallow baking dish, whisk the egg whites, egg, milk, salt, and vanilla together until blended.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 tsp. butter on medium heat.
- Cut each sheet of Naan in half. Then dip each half in the egg mixture, pressing the bread lightly to coat both sides well.
- Place as many pieces as will fit flat in the skillet (3 or 4 in a 12″ skillet). Cook until lightly browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook until lightly browned on the second side, 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the French toast to a cookie sheet and keep warm in the oven. Meanwhile, repeat with remaining butter, Naan pieces, and egg mixture.
- Top with berries or other fruit and caraway seeds and serve warm.
- Serving Size: 8
In this recipe:Naan Traditional »