Amy — The Speedy Spatula – Recipe Source
What’s for dinner tonight? Try Naan as a soft and tasty base for tacos!
- 2 sheets California Lavash Naan
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- shredded American and Colby cheese
- sour cream
- diced tomatoes
- shredded butter or iceberg lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet with 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper, dried onion, 1 tsp. cumin, and 1/4 tsp. paprika.
- Season the beans with the garlic salt, 1/4 tsp. cumin, onion powder, 1/4 tsp. paprika, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper, then heat on the stove until warmed through.
- Once the beans are seasoned and heated, place them in a colander to drain the juice. Do not rinse, just allow the juice to drain.
- On a baking sheet, heat the Naan in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Once heated, run a stick of butter over the top of the bread, just enough to moisten the bread.
- Cut each piece of Naan in half with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Top Naan with pinto beans, ground beef, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, and lettuce. Enjoy!
In this recipe:Naan Traditional »