Quinoa and Veggie Pita
This healthy pita is packed with quinoa and veggies. Great for a quick, simple, protein-packed dinner or an upgraded snack!
- 1 sheet Atoria’s Family Bakery Pita
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chopped scallions
- Remove husk from corn. With a knife, carefully cut off kernels.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add peppers, corn, and quinoa to saucepan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover the saucepan, reduce heat, and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes, or until the liquid is fully absorbed and quinoa softens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pita in half and fill with quinoa and vegetables. Top with scallions and enjoy!
In this recipe:Pita Traditional