Raspberry Cheese Lavash Pinwheels
Our Whole Wheat Lavash is a great backdrop for the combination of flavors in this strawberry and cheese wrap.
- 1 sheet California Lavash
- 4.2 oz. fresh raspberries
- 2 oz. crumbled Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
- 1/8 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp. raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (or regular salt)
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 3/4 tbsp. candied walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine the red onions with honey, vinegar and 1/2 tbsp. olive oil. Toss well and set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Coarsely chop the raspberries. Place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the pickled red onions and sprinkle crumbled Gorgonzola, mint and dill over the raspberries. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt and white pepper. Lightly toss without crushing the raspberries too much.
- Spread the raspberry cheese mixture on the Lavash bread sheets, stopping 1” before the edge (the filling will spread to the edges once the pinwheel is rolled). Top with candied walnuts. Roll the bread sheets up into a tight wrap.
- Using a sharp knife, trim about 1/2” from each end of the wraps. Slice the logs into 5 pieces. Secure each pinwheel sandwich with a party pick.
- Transfer the pinwheel appetizers to a serving platter, spiral side up. Decorate with a few blue-cheese-stuffed raspberries as a reminder of the flavors from the filling. Serve at room temperature.
- Serving Size: 10 appetizers
In this recipe:Lavash Whole Grain »