Tempeh and Veggie Pita
Sun Basket – Recipe Source
This Pita is easy to make and full of delicious, simple ingredients. Enjoy!
- 2 pieces California Lavash Pita
- ½ pound tempeh, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- ¼ pound broccoli, cut in 1-inch florets
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- 3 oz. roasted red peppers, cut in strips
- 1/4 tsp. granulated garlic
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 4 tbsp. spinach artichoke dip
- In a medium frying pan, combine the tempeh and 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the tempeh and transfer to a plate.
- Warm 2 tbsp. oil over medium-high heat. Add the tempeh and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the broccoli, garlic, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally until the broccoli is crisp-tender and the tempeh is starting to crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread spinach artichoke dip inside each Pita, then fill with tempeh, red peppers, and olives.
In this recipe:Pita Traditional »